This Wix review will provide you with information in regard to who Wix is, what Wix has to offer, pricing and plans that are available and the good and bad of what Wix has to offer. As with anything, there is good and bad and I am going to take a look at both so you can decide if this is the website building software that you want to work with.
Let’s get started learning about Wix.
What is Wix
Wix was created in 2006 and is one of the best known brands for website builder products. It is a website builder that is an all-inclusive program. You build your site on their software with their tools. Your website will reside on their servers and you can only access your website through the Wix Admin Panel.
Wix is a publicly traded company that operates globally, and is very safe to use. This is a legit company and not a fly-by-night company that maybe focuses on many other things.
Providing website builder products is the only focus of Wix and it isn’t likely that this company will be disappearing any time soon.
Products From Wix
You might be checking out Wix because you heard you can use them for website building software, but they actually offer so much more than just that. You will be able to find just about everything that you need to build your website directly on Wix.
- Website Building Software – Their software is one of the easiest to use. They are the creators of the drag and drop editor, that makes creating your website to be done with ease. There are no coding skills that are required for creating your website. With a few clicks, you can make changes, add or remove content, videos and more.
- Website Hosting – Every website needs somewhere to host you site. This is how your site is available for anyone doing searches on the internet.
- Domain Registry – Purchase your domain directly through Wix or use one of the free domain’s Wix has available.
- Website Design Templates – Wix has over 70 categories of templates and over 500 professionally designed templates. Many designs are free, or you can purchase premium templates.
Wix Pricing And Plans
Wix has several plans available, making it easy to find whichever plan best fits your needs. The plans are available for purchase either monthly or yearly subscription. The savings for yearly plans will save you approximately 25% per month and they include 1 year domain registry for free.
All plans include a 14-day money back guarantee.
You can upgrade at any time, so if you aren’t sure which plan works best for you, you might want to start with one of the lower priced plans and upgrade later if you feel the need.
All plans include support, SSL encryption, unlimited number of pages and free hosting.
Let me start with the free plan first. There are many limitations that come with a free plan. There will be Wix ads directly on your website, and if your readers click on the ads, they will be leaving your website. The functionality of your website will be limited and your website domain will actually be a Wix sub domain. Here is an example: yourwebsite.wix.com.
Having a sub domain website is not a great plan for the long run.
Here is the pricing for the other plans that Wix has available. Just a caution, at the time of publishing this article, Wix was offering 50% off, so the pricing may have changed.
Each plan will have some additional features. The chart below will help you understand what is available with each plan.
The Good And Bad Of Wix
I want to share with you what I consider the good and the bad of the Wix program to help you make the best decision for your needs.
- Everything you need to build your website in one location.
- Easy to learn and easy to use website building software.
- Secured website with https address. Search engines reward sites with https address.
- Call center and email support.
- Help center with thousands of articles and step by step walk through videos to help with questions.
- Shoutout feature that allows you to collect contact details of prospects who express interest in your site and allow you to communicate through email marketing.
- Wix tools are easy to use, but advanced tools might not be something that you can add to your website.
- You can not export your data. That means you can’t move your website to be hosted somewhere else. They are working on changing that, but at this point you can’t move it.
- Can only add website features through the Wix market, and some feel that these don’t work as well as other plugins that can be added through other programs.
- Professional developers might be a bit disappointed with some of the limitations for more advanced tools.
- The program isn’t a good fit for online stores or eCommerce.
Who is Wix Good For?
Wix is a great product for anyone who is newly creating a website, since it will make it easier getting started by providing you with all the tools for building your website in one location. Here is information for what is needed to build a website. Take a look if you don’t know everything that is recommended.
Wix can also be a good fit for website blogs that are used for marketing affiliates that aren’t looking for creating an overly complicated website.
This Wix review should be able to help you determine if it is the website building software you want to invest in. There are some real good features that their program has to offer.
I feel that using Wix will be joining a reliable company that will provide the security that all websites need.
You will need to upgrade to a premium plan for a custom domain name and to have full functionality on your website. Personally, I don’t want ads added to my website, and if you only use the free plan, your domain name will have a Wix string in your address and you will have Wix ads on all of your posts.
If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below and I will get back with you. You can follow momsmakingmoneyathome.com on Pinterest, FaceBook, Linkedin or Twitter for all the latest updates. Please use the share icons to share this information with other.
Some of the links within this post are affiliate links of which I might receive a small compensation from sales of certain items.