If you are developing a website, you will need somewhere to host your website. Let me show you where to get free hosting for a website and so much more. It is where I host my websites, and I have been very happy with the services that have been provided.
Why You Need A Host For A Website
If you are new to building a website, you might think that registering a domain name means your website is set to go, but that isn’t the case. A domain name won’t get your website active.
To get your website active and live on the internet, you need to host your website. A web hosting company will make it possible for everyone to be able to access your website. Think of it as space you rent on a web server to store your website files. If you have no host, no one is ever going to see your website.
Hosting companies will make your files available for internet users when someone wants to get into your website. When a reader searches the internet and they choose to read your article, their computer will connect to your server and the web pages will be delivered to the readers.
Hosting companies will manage all back end concerns including maintenance and repair of the servers. They will make your life easier and help website owners focus their time and effort on building their websites. They are generally available 24/7/365 to make sure your website is working at all times.
Features You Need From Hosting Company
- Email Accounts – You will want to create a domain email address for your website. Most host companies will have this available. Here is an example of domain email address: email@example.com. It looks more professional having an email account that is directly tied to your website and some Affiliate Programs might require an email address that is tied directly to the website.
- Support 24/7 to make sure your websites are up and running at all times.
- WordPress Support – WordPress is an online website creation tool that is a convenient way to create and manage websites. WordPress is used for over 25% of all websites. If you are planning on using WordPress, make sure it is compatible with the host. WordPress.org is free to use. You can get more information about them from the above link.
- Dedicated Resources – The speed of website loading matters a lot. Web pages that load quickly perform better with higher conversions, more engagement, better user experience and overall ranking within Google. If the web server is fast enough, the web page you are trying to access will also load quickly. All too often readers leave pages before reading anything because it took too long to load the page. Opt for a dedicated server, rather than a shared plan for faster service.
My Recommendation For Free Hosting For A Website
My recommendation for free hosting would be using Wealthy Affiliate and the place where I host all of my websites. Let me explain why I would suggest going with Wealthy Affiliate. (Hopefully my page loaded quickly for you so you can see speed is never an issue with them.)
Wealthy Affiliate will provide you with all the requirements that I listed above from what you need with a website host, and so much more than that. I will list some of the top benefits of Wealthy Affiliate, and if you would like more detailed information, you can read this Wealthy Affiliate Review to find out more.
Wealthy Affiliate was developed by two successful online entrepreneurs, so they have a good understanding what someone needs when building a website. The following list is what is available with a free starter membership.
- Sign up for free – only need to provide an email address.
- 2 Free website hosting.
- 2 free websites
- Training program
- Keyword Research Tool
- Community Support
- 12 Website Designs – free
- Grammar and Spelling Checker
- Templates For Writing
- Tracking Your Website Rankings
- Virus and Malware Protection
All of these features will cost you nothing for as long as you are a starter member. If you want more in depth services, you can later join as a Premium Member and gain even more services, like 50 websites hosted, 3000 website designs, additional training and support, live weekly training by in house expert and so much more. You can even transfer your website to Wealthy Affiliate from a different host company.
Wealthy Affiliate University
Wealthy Affiliate University was developed in 2005 as a platform for training beginners and regular people how to develop a website and how to be successful with your website. No prior skills are necessary to succeed and no computer programming is required.
As time went by, they continued to add to their services, to make it a one stop shop for everything you need to develop your website. All the training you could possibly need is available, templates, website hosting, domain name purchases, keyword research along with protection for your site against viruses and spam.
If you haven’t checked out Wealthy Affiliate before, now might be the time to take a look around and see what their program has to offer. Remember, it is free to get inside and see for yourself.
If you are looking to get free hosting for a website, I would look no further than Wealthy Affiliate. As you are starting out a website, you might need to be careful how and where you are spending your money. After all, aren’t you doing this because you need to earn some extra money? Don’t spend money where it isn’t necessary. This is a case where it isn’t necessary for you to lay out extra money.
If you aren’t feeling comfortable using Wealthy Affiliate for whatever reason, my next recommendation would be Bluehost, but this is going to have a monthly charge around $7.99/month. They are a good host company though.
If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below and I will get back to you.
Some of the links within this post are affiliate links of which I might receive a small compensation from sales of certain items.