Is Wealthy Affiliate a scam or legit business? There are so many scams out on the internet right now that it is hard to tell the good guys from the bad guys. I am going to take you inside Wealthy Affiliate University to help you decide if Wealthy Affiliate is worth your time. What costs are involved with Wealthy Affiliate, are there any hidden costs with Wealthy Affiliate and how to watch out for scams.
I will show you what Wealthy Affiliate is first, and then let you know if I think it is a scam or legit.
Let me first give you a heads up on how you might see a scam in action. This way you will be on guard to protect yourself before you ever get scammed.
- To Good To Be True – If someone promises you large sums of money or easy ways to get rich, there is a good chance that it is a scam. Rarely is getting rich easy to do.
- Wiring Money – you may be searching things online for how to make money and you come across one that is requesting you to wire money for their program. This is a very dangerous action. You can’t undo a wire transfer and the money is available for immediate withdrawal.
- Unsecured Sites – Any legit internet sites will have a “https” in the address bar, meaning it is a secure site. When doing anything sensitive online, a legitimate site will be secure with “https” address. If it is an unsecured site, personal information or financial information can easily be stolen. Avoid sites that have “http” in the address bar.
- Misspelling And Bad Grammar – Avoid emails and sites that have bad spelling and poor grammar. They are usually overseas phishing scams.
Who Is Wealthy Affiliate?
Name: Wealthy Affiliate University
Membership Costs: Free for starter membership, $49/month for Premium Membership
Owners Name: Carson and Kyle – 2 successful online entrepreneurs
Wealthy Affiliate Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: Let’s start with the really big question most have when it comes to finding out if Wealthy Affiliate is a scam. Is Wealthy Affiliate really free?
Answer 1: Yes, Wealthy Affiliate really is free! The only thing that you need to provide to gain a starter membership with Wealthy Affiliate is an email address. Nothing more. No credit card information, nothing to cancel within a certain time before getting charged and no bank information.
Question 2: Why would something of value be offered for free?
Answer 2: Wealthy Affiliate offers a training program for building a website and for how to be successful with your website. With the free membership, you gain access to several training classes, but there is so much more training that is available within Wealthy Affiliate. The free program will help you see if you like the community and the training. It will help you decide if you enjoy building a website. If you see value in the program, you can upgrade your membership to a premium membership for $49/month. They do believe that after going through the starter program, you will want to join premium membership to learn even more.
Question 3: How long can I be a starter member?
Answer 3: You can be a starter member forever if you so choose, with one exception. You can not become a premium member and then decide to go back to being a starter member.
Question 4: Are there other things besides training included with the free starter membership?
Answer 4: Yes, there are many things that are included with the free starter membership. Too many for me to list in this section.
What’s Included In Free Starter Membership
- 2 free websites
- Website backup
- Beginner training course
- Personal affiliate blog
- Affiliate Bootcamp Training – Phase 1
- Keyword Research Tool – 30 free searches
- 2 Training Classrooms
- Free hosting of your website
- Free web publishing software – using WordPress
You can receive all of the above without ever giving anyone your credit card information or making any kind of payments of any kind. After you have taken a look around, gone through some training, started your new website, you can later decide if you would like to become a premium member.
The chart below shows you the difference between the free starter membership and the premium membership.
Who Is Wealthy Affiliate For?
Wealthy Affiliate is really for anyone that wants to have success making money from a website, but I would consider Wealthy Affiliate especially beneficial to anyone who is new to building a website to start here. Their training will teach you things that you won’t have even realized you needed to know.
- Why keywords are important and how to find the best keywords
- How to add affiliate links to your website to help generate an income
- How to use social media to promote your website
- How to get ranked in search engines
- How to track your rankings and the performance of your website
- How to add images to your website
- Which plugins will bring value to your website
- How to set up goals and why goals are important
- How to format your website with widgets and drop down menus
- And so much more than this
Who Wealthy Affiliate isn’t for? Wealthy Affiliate isn’t for anyone who thinks creating a website is easy and want to get-rich-quick. Creating a successful website takes time and hard work, but the excitement you will receive when you see your blog posts getting ranked and you start earning your first paychecks is hard to put into words.
Wealthy Affiliate Tools And Training
- Classroom training for both membership levels
- Level 1 training for free membership with online entrepreneur and affiliate marketing, 5 levels for online entrepreneur and 7 levels for affiliate marketing for premium members
Wealthy Affiliate Support
Community support is available for both levels of membership. The community helps answer questions you have, and gives recommendations that can help you succeed. The knowledge of the community is unbelievable. There is so much experience and always someone who is willing to help you when you are struggling.
Starter members receive 7 days of live chat, and premium members have unlimited live chat.
Premium members can have direct contact with owners for additional support.
My Final Opinion Of Wealthy Affiliate
Wealthy Affiliate is a training program, website hosting, keyword research tool all wrapped in one location. They can get anyone that is willing to learn and work on their website, the insights needed to have a profitable website. If you are new to creating a website for affiliate marketing, an e-commerce store or a small business website, Wealthy Affiliate will provide you with the tools you need to make this happen.
My greatest excitement about Wealthy Affiliate is that you can start everything for free. You have nothing to lose since it costs you nothing. If you have ever wondered if building a website was for you or if you were capable of creating a website, now is the time to check it out and find out if it is right for you.
Wealthy Affiliate At A Glance…
So is Wealthy Affiliate a scam or legit…
I say that Wealthy Affiliate is a completely legitimate company. None of the things that I mention above in regard to online scams fit for anything with Wealthy Affiliate. You will never feel any pressure to provide money, release any personal information, be on a website that isn’t secure and it isn’t too good to be true.
It is free, but to be completely honest, the hope with Wealthy Affiliate by providing you access for free that you will see the value of Wealthy Affiliate and decide at a later date that you would like to upgrade your membership to premium. They are offering it for free because they know the value they can provide, and if you are serious about creating a website, you will see that value as well.
You can join Wealthy Affiliate for free by clicking on this link.
If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below and I will get back to you. You can follow momsmakingmoneyathome.com on Pinterest, FaceBook, Twitter or Linkedin and please share this information with your social media accounts for anyone else that might be interested to see it for themselves.
Some of the links within this post are affiliate links of which I might receive a small compensation from sales of certain items.