Is Vasayo a Pyramid Scheme? The quick answer is no, but you should read this Vasayo Review further to find out if you can really make any money with them. Vasayo is a multi-level marketing business in the health and wellness market. There is a difference between a MLM and pyramid scheme, but you should use caution with either program before joining.
In this Vasayo Review we will take a look at who the company is, the products that are available to sell, the compensation plan, along with what my recommendation is.
Background Information On Vasayo
Vasayo was launched in 2016 by Dallin and Karree Larsen for selling nutritional supplements in the direct sales industry.
Dallin is no stranger in the direct sales industry. Over the years he has help create billions in revenue in direct selling. Dallin founded MonaVie in 2005 and grew that company to nearly a billion dollars in annual sales in less than 5 years.
In 2015, Dallin sold MonaVie, which lead to the launch of Vasayo in 2016. In June 2019, The International Forum on Advancements in Healthcare selected Vasayo one of the top 50 Healthcare Companies in the World.
Vasayo sells the brand Microlife Nutritionals.
This business is set up as a multi-level marketing company, which means not only do you need to sell the products, you also need to get members to join below you who are also selling the products and recruiting members. (More information on this in the compensation plan area.)
Available Vasayo Products To Sell
Currently Vasayo only has 8 products available to sell, all with the Microlife Nutritionals brand. These products all use a Liposomal Technology, which eliminates the problem that most supplements have by increasing BioAvailability. This enables maximum effectiveness, where many supplements are hard to absorb.
The following is a list of their products along with a description of each.
V-Tox – Optimizes your body’s daily cleansing power by providing a total body detoxifying experience.
Eternal – A Liposomal antioxidant that helps nutrients have better absorption by the body.
Core Complete – A multivitamin and mineral supplement.
V-Slim – This is a weight management supplement that helps reduce cravings, boost metabolism, slow cortisol production and maintain healthy blood and sugar levels.
V3 – This helps end your energy woes with high-end energy. Simply mix a packet with water.
Neuro Microcaps – Nourish your brain to enhance performance. It supports healthy brain function, including memory, clarity and focus.
Renew Microgel – Renew supports enhanced flexibility, range of motion and mobility within the joints.
Sleep Micromyst – Supports normal sleep by regulating sleep and wake cycles.
Vasayo Compensation Plan
Like any MLM that I have reviewed, the compensation plans are a bit confusing and hard to understand. I will do my best to help explain the Vasayo compensation plan, but I think they make them confusing on purpose so you don’t really understand how you will be paid.
You will be known as a Brand Partner and must remain active to receive any compensation.
Vasayo’s compensation plan is set up as a binary pay structure, which gives you only 2 pay legs. The best way to maximize your earnings with a binary plan is to keep each side as even as possible.
Vasayo has their 8 ways to earn opportunities. Within these 8 ways to earn, there are 18 different rankings that you can achieve that can increase your earning potential. Let’s start with the 8 ways to earn.
- Customer Sales Bonus – Need 80 personal volume. You will be paid difference between the customer price and the Brand Partner price on their personally sponsored customer’s orders.
- Product Introduction Bonus – Need 80 personal volume. Active Brand Partners will earn 20% on purchases from newly sponsored Brand Partners for their 1st commission order.
- Team Commission – Paid to Brand Partners at Star Rank or above. Paid in cycles of 240 commission volume/480 commission volume and at a rate of $28 per cycle.
- Team Commission Matching Bonus – Must have rank of at least Bronze or above with 160 personal volume.
- Rank Advancement Bonus – Bonuses available once you reach White Diamond rank or above.
- Global Leadership Bonus – Need to be ranked Gold or above, be active with at least 160 personal volume.
- Lifestyle Trips – Expense paid incentive trips. Must be Diamond, Black Diamond or Crown Blue Diamond to qualify.
- Multiple Business Centers – Awarded additional Business Centers when ranked Black Diamond or above for 4 consecutive weeks.
Below is the ranking chart to help you understand what it takes to achieve a higher ranking.
Here are some definitions to help you understand Vasayo terms:
- PV – Personal Volume generated through your personal and customer volume.
- CV – Commission Volume – used to determine binary tree volumes
- PET-V – Personal Enrollment Tree Volume
- Qualified – For a Brand Partner to be considered Qualified, they need at least 2 personally enrolled active Brand Members. At least 1 on right side and 1 on left side of binary tree leg.
- Active Customer – Someone purchases a product with at least 35 volume within a 4-week time period.
Commission rates can go up to 20%, but it isn’t easy to get to the top commission rate.
There might be some costs involved to join, but there are none that are listed on the Vasayo website. Most MLM companies will require that you purchase different packages of products to be eligible. Some of these can get very costly.
My Recommendations And Thoughts
I am always a bit skeptical when it comes to MLM companies, and here is why. Although there is no investment amount listed in any of Vasayo’s information, multi-level marketing companies always require that you invest in the company to be a member. It is also very hard to remain “active”, since you will have to convince family, friends and acquaintances to join in on the program as well.
My concerns with Vasayo:
- There are many other products currently sold using Liposomal Technology. This isn’t something new, although they present it like it is.
- Because how quickly this company got started, there is a good chance that these products are just a private label. That means that there are other products available with the exact same ingredients, just a different name and label.
- These exact same products are currently being sold on Amazon.
- There is no information provided on the type of support that you receive from Vasayo. Is there any marketing support, website support or training?
If you are looking to create your own business (what MLM’s claim they do for you), take a look at becoming a marketing affiliate and can promote any product that really interests you. That includes Microlife nutritionals through Amazon, but being a marketing affiliate wouldn’t limit you to just these 8 products. You could sell any amount that you are interested in.
Here are some of the reasons why I think marketing affiliate is a better choice:
- You can sell anything you are interested in.
- You don’t have to convince friends and family to join to earn money.
- You don’t need to purchase any of the products.
- You don’t have to learn a compensation plan that is impossible to understand.
- You can work any hours of the day.
Getting a website started can be very easy with the proper training and the costs can be next to nothing. When I started in affiliate marketing, I didn’t have any idea what I needed to create a website, nor did I understand how my information was going to be found on the internet.
I went through a training program that Wealthy Affiliate created that provided me with all the tools needed to create a successful website. I was able to join for free and started the training and creating my website within 1 day. It is the best program that I have found to learn affiliate marketing.
So back to “is Vasayo a pyramid scheme?” By definition of what a pyramid scheme is, Vasayo is not a pyramid scheme. They do have products that they are selling and not just trying to get members to join.
Would I join Vasayo, NO. I don’t want my success relying on the success of convincing or conning others to join the program. This Vasayo review should help you see that unless you get members to join and they get members to join and on and on, that you won’t have any success at making money.
A big problem that I see with multi-level marketing companies is the large dollar amounts they toss around that you can make. The possibilities of finding several other people to join in this endeavor with you are very low. I know that I can’t come up with 2 people in my life that would be willing to join, which means I would fail.
Don’t get fooled about what they say you can earn. Rather, think about how hard it is to find others to join with you.
Good luck in whichever path you choose.
If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below and I will get back with you. If you have worked at a MLM business, please share your experience below, so others can learn from you.
You can follow momsmakingmoneyathome.com on Pinterest, Linkedin, Twitter or FaceBook for all the latest update.