Becoming an affiliate marketer is becoming one of the fastest growing home based businesses for people that are tired of their job, the daily commute, working for someone else or for people that want to earn an extra income. It can be done from home, the coffee shop or anywhere that you can get an internet connection.
You can work on your business whatever hours work best for you, and your business is always working for you, even when you aren’t working.
There are some tricks you need to know to become successful with marketing affiliate, and one of those tricks to learn is how to sell affiliate products on my website.
I am going to walk you through the process of finding affiliate products to promote, how to add your affiliate products on your website and the best type of articles to write to sell affiliate products.
Finding Affiliate Products For Your Website
You should find that almost anything that is sold online has some type of affiliate program. You just need to find the affiliate program available and where and how you can sign up for the affiliate program.
Here is a list of my 5 top recommendations for Affiliate Programs to join: The first 4 are all programs that offer thousands of merchants available all in one location.
- ShareASale – They have a great reputation with over 4000 merchants to choose from and more than 1000 merchants are exclusive to ShareASale. Their site is very easy to navigate and they provide very detailed information. They let you know what the conversion rate is, number of cookie days, how long they have been active and more.
- ClickBank – This is one of the largest and oldest affiliate programs available. You can promote physical and digital offers for a wide range of niches. They currently have over 6 million products offered. I do find it harder to navigate their system, but they also offer classes to help with affiliate marketing.
- CJ Affiliate – They used to go by the name Commission Junction. This is the largest affiliate network around and most major retailers use CJ Affiliate. I have found this the most difficult to navigate of all of them.
- JV Zoo – The main focus is on informational products. They provide great data for choosing your affiliates like when a product was launched, the price, how many have sold and what the commission is.
- Amazon Associates – Amazon has their own affiliate program where you apply directly with Amazon. They are the largest online retailer that can provide amazing opportunities. They have over 1.5 million products to promote. The commission rates are lower though, ranging from 1% to 10% depending on the products. The good news with promoting Amazon is that you will receive commission on anything your readers purchase, even if you weren’t promoting the product.
Take a look at these tips to increase your Amazon affiliate earnings to help grow your sales.
If you are still having a hard time finding the right affiliate program to promote, you can search for affiliates with “your niche + affiliate program” and you will see a long list of affiliates to choose from. (Change “your niche” to what your niche actually is.)
When you apply and get accepted to be an affiliate for a company, they will provide you with unique affiliate links that are for your website only. This will be a way for them to track how many people click on your links and what is purchased with your affiliate links.
The links that you are provided with might be text links, banner or picture links or both. Depending on which type of links you are using is going to change how you add your affiliate links to your website.
How To Add Affiliate Products To Your Website
I am going to start with adding text links to your website, since this is the simplest to add. A text link is a link that you attach directly to the text that you are writing. You can attach it to 1 word or several words. Whichever makes the most sense for your message.
You can add your text link while you are still creating your content.
- Start by highlighting the word or words that you want the link attached to.
- Click on your link icon at the top, and then insert link.
- Next you want to copy your affiliate link.
- Open in a new window.
- Click insert, and your affiliate link is added.
Adding a banner or picture with an affiliate link is a bit more complicated than adding a text link. I am sure there are several different ways of adding, but I am going to show you the method that I use and that I have found to be the easiest to do.
You are going to want to begin by publishing your article first, and than go back into your article and edit it. Pictures with affiliate links or banners with affiliate links have to be added in a text mode and not the visual mode.
- Start with putting your cursor where you want to insert the banner or picture that will have the affiliate link.
- Go to the top of the page, and click on the text button.
- You simply paste the code where you want the picture or banner to appear.
- Go back to visual, and you can either center it, or move to right or left by clicking on the picture to get it where you want it.
- Update your page and you should be all set.
I do recommend going on the actual article and testing out your links the first few times that you add them to make sure there aren’t any problems with the links.
The Best Type Of Articles For Affiliate Links
There are all types of articles that you can write for your website, but I have found that the articles that have the best conversion of affiliate links are review articles and “how to” articles.
Review Articles – I recommend writing relevant product reviews for the products that you are featuring on your website. Readers like to be smart shoppers, and they are looking for what others opinion is on products. When writing a review, make sure it is an advertising review, but rather a review that is informative and provides them with the positive and negative of the product.
Readers that are looking at reviews are at a stage in the buying cycle when they are actually ready to make a purchase. They already believe they know what they want, but are checking to see if their decision is a wise decision. You will see more sales conversions on product reviews.
How To Articles – A how to article is solving a problem that someone has. You are educating them on how to fix their problem and what products they might need to fix this problem. How to articles should show step by step instructions including either pictures or a video to make it easier for the reader to understand.
Google seems to really like review articles and how to articles, and they tend to rank higher in the search engines as a result.
Finding affiliate products to use on your website should be fairly easy. You might run into some difficulties being approved by all that you apply to if your website is fairly new and you don’t have much content yet. Don’t get frustrated. I suggest either looking for someone else to promote, or you can always try again at a later date when you website is more established.
My intent with this article is to help you with your question of how to sell affiliate products on my website. I hope you have found what you were looking for.
If you still have some questions or comments after reading this, please leave a message below and I will get back to you. You can follow momsmakingmoneyathome.com on Pinterest, FaceBook, Linkedin or Twitter for all your latest updates.
Thanks for reading and good luck to you.
Some of the links within this post are affiliate links of which I might receive a small compensation from sales of certain items.