Are you having problems getting out ranked with your website? Do you have any idea what keywords your competitors are using that are out ranking you?
You should stop wondering and do some research what keywords your competitors are using. I am going to show you how to see competitor’s keywords. With this tool, you will either be able to take them on directly and make sure you are providing better content for your readers, or you can change up your keywords to something that you will have less competition with.
Why You Should Know What Keywords Your Competitors Are Using
You may have heard, content is king for getting high rankings for your website. I would consider that your keyword strategy should be queen.
You can only reach your target audience through organic searches when you find the right keywords. Doing competitive intelligence work is a powerful tool that can help you find the best SEO keywords that will help you get higher rankings.
If you have no idea what your competition is doing, how do you ever plan on being better than they are? Knowing what keywords your competitors are using is one of the best ways for you to create powerful keywords that will rank higher than your competitors are.
- Helps you find new competitors you might not have considered.
- Use your competitor’s keywords to help inspire you for new keywords.
- Helps you see what your audience is looking for.
- Watch over time how you are growing against the competitors.
What To Do With Your Competitor’s Keyword Information
Once you have collected your competitor’s keyword information, you need to make use of that information in order for your website to grow. Put that information into use so your website can start moving up the ranks in the search engines. Here are a few ideas of what to do with the information that you gather.
- Find keywords that have not been targeted by competitors and write articles focused around these keywords.
- Discover terms your target market might be looking for that you haven’t thought of. This should give you many ideas for additional articles.
- Steal your competitor’s keywords and compete against them for the same searches. Make sure you are helping your readers solve a problem and that you include quality images and write engaging quality content.
- Figure out why your competitor’s website ranks above yours. Read their articles and find information that maybe they missed or only gave brief information about. Try to fill in the gaps they might be missing or present the information in a more relatable way than your competitors.
Use SEMrush For Finding Competitor Information
SEMrush has an organic keyword tool that can show ranking terms for your competitor’s domain. You just type in your competitor’s website, and you will have more information than you ever dreamed possible.
You can see how many keywords they rank for, the amount of traffic their website gets, if they spent any money advertising and how much and so much more than that.
You can try SEMrush for free by clinking the link below. Take a look around to see how SEMrush can help your website grow into much more. The free trial will give you a 7-day trial of SEMrush of their most popular program. No credit card required for the free trial package.
Competitive Information On SEMrush
Let me give you a quick tour around some of the valuable information that you will be able to uncover using the SEMrush program. Like I mentioned above, you can search out whoever your competition is, and find valuable information that will give you a direct comparison of your website to your competitor’s website.
Are you wondering if you have as many keywords ranking as your competitors do? You can see a quick snapshot of your own website compared to your competitors and see number of ranking keywords each of you have.
See below for information on this chart.
Get some valuable information by looking at your organic competitors like the screen shot above. Let me explain it in more detail. The numbers below corresponds with the red numbers above.
- Com Level – Is calculated based on the number of keywords of each competitor and the number of common keywords of both competitors. If websites have a large number of common keywords, they are considered competitors.
- Common Keywords – Number of common keywords the analyzed domain has that is ranking in Google organic search results.
- SE Keywords – Number of keywords bringing users to a given domain through Google’s top 100 organic search results.
- Traffic – The amount of estimated organic traffic driven to domain with a given keyword.
- Costs – The total cost of all traffic driven to an analyzed domain with a given keyword.
- Paid Keywords – The number of keywords a domain is buying in Google Adwords for ads that appear in paid search results.
Take a look at your organic keywords trend.
You can also see organic search positions for yourself or your competitors. You can sort the following chart by position, filter by keyword or by volume. All of the red numbers on the chart are explained below the chart for more information.
- Position – Position ranking for organic searches.
- Difference – Changes in organic rankings
- Traffic – The percent of traffic driven to the website with the given keyword.
- Volume – Average number of times users have searched for a given keyword per month.
- KD % – An estimate of how difficult it would be to rank well in organic search results for a particular keyword. The higher the percent, the harder it is to achieve high rankings for the given keyword.
- CPC – The average price advertisers are paying for a user’s click on an ad triggered by the given keyword.
- URL – The page that is ranking in Google’s top 100 organic search results. You can click on the arrow to view the landing page or clink the link to open the overview report for the URL.
- SERP – A snapshot of the search engine results page for a given keyword.
SEMrush Offers So Much More
We have taken a look at one aspect of finding competitor’s’s keywords within SEMrush, but they have so much more to offer than just that. The following are just a few of the tools that you can benefit from with a SEMrush subscription.
- Site Audit
- Social Media Poster
- Post Tracking
- Keyword Research
- Topic Research
- Backlink Audit
- Content Audit
- Gap Analysis
- Position Tracking
- Organic Research
- And so much more than this
Take a look around SEMrush now and try some of the many tools for free. Than you can decide if you want to purchase the entire package after you feel comfortable with the software.
There are several different levels of membership with SEMrush, but I feel that you will receive enough information to keep you busy for a long time with the lowest level that SEMrush offers. As your success grows and are receiving consistent earnings you might later decide to upgrade to a larger package.
Knowing what your competition is doing is the best way for you to do better than they are and get your website ranking higher in Google, Yahoo and Bing. SEMrush is the best tool on how to see competitor’s keywords that you are going to find.
They will make it easy to see who you are competing with, what keywords you share in common, give you ideas where there might be a gap that you could benefit from and will help you stay ahead of your competitors. If you want success from your website, you need to gain as much traffic as possible, and keeping a close eye on your competition will help you be a step ahead of them.
Start digging into all the information that SEMrush has to offer, and feel the rewards.
If you feel that you could benefit from additional training on how to build a successful website, you can take a look at the program I used when I first started creating a website. Take a look at the Wealthy Affiliate Review to see if their training program is something you could benefit from. The training will help you with many questions you might have about building a successful website.
If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below and I will get back to you. You can follow momsmakingmoneyathome.com on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or Linkedin for all the latest updates, and please use the social icons to share this information with your family and friends.
Good luck to you and thanks for reading.
Some of the links within this post are affiliate links of which I might receive a small compensation from sales of certain items.