It doesn’t matter if you are a Marketing Affiliate or you are a Merchant that has product to sell, ShareASale can be a great company to partner up with. They have a platform that is easy to use that can help you generate an incomefrom working with them.
I am going to discuss how to make money from ShareASale, how you go about getting signed up with them, and what their services have to offer you.
ShareASale Backround Information
ShareASale was founded in 2000 and is based in Chicago, Illinois. They are an Affiliate marketing network that pays commissions to Affiliates based on their sales.
They currently have over 3900 merchants that they support and represent, that offer a variety of products and services for consumers.
For a Marketing Affiliate, they provide a platform of connecting the Affiliate with the merchant and for the merchant, they provide Affiliates that help drive traffic to their products they are selling.
ShareASale For Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate Marketing attempts to direct sales to the merchants website from a website that the hopeful customer was reading for information. If the reader decides to make a purchase, the Marketing Affiliate will make a commission based on the merchant’s commission structure.
As an Affiliate Marketer, signing up with a company like ShareASale can help streamline your business. They will provide you with merchants that are in almost any niche you might be promoting, making it easy for your to track your activity and sales in one location. Saving you time monitoring your results and receiving payment from one location, no matter how many merchants you are signed up with.
It is free to sign up as an Affiliate Marketer, and not only will you have thousands of merchants to choose from, there are other added benefits to working with ShareASale.
Benefits Of ShareASale
- One location to track sales and clicks
- One location for receiving payment – makes it easier for newer sites to hit minimum payment requirements
- Affiliate Diagnostics – help with your Affiliate Marketing questions. Free
- Merchant Recommendations – over 3900 merchants on ShareASale network
- Continuing Education – Affiliate Marketing classes, webinars and monthly newsletters, keeping your up to date on the Affiliate Marketing industry. Free
- Training Webinars – Show you the tools and features that will help you grow your earnings. Free (Here are a few examples of currents classes they are offering. “Affiliate Marketing For Bloggers,” “Affiliate Interface Training,” and “Merchant Bootcamp.”
- Merchant Suggested Keywords To Target
- Traffic Report – letting you know how many people are following your links.
- Payment on the 20th of the month for commission over $50 from previous month.
When you start researching the available merchants you might want to partner up with, ShareASale will provide you with an array of information to help you make an educated decision if it is a good merchant for you to work with.
- The website of merchant – lets you look around at the products they are offering.
- How long they have been working with SaleAShare – You want to make sure to choose stable merchants. It is a lot of work going back to your previous articles and changing your links if a merchant is no longer a good partner.
- Commission Structure – All merchants will choose their own commission structure. You will be able to see if paid a percentage of the sales, what the percentage is, or if it is a base amount for each sale.
- Average Sale – Shows what an average sale amount per customer is.
- Average Commission – What the average commission is per sale.
- Conversion Rate – What percentage of visitors actually purchase something.
- Cookie Length – How long will the cookies be attached to you for payment. This is where a person goes to look at the product and then might come back for several days before making the purchase. Any cookies 30 days or longer are good.
ShareASale will also provide you with all the links needed for the merchants that you are signed up with, banners to use on your website, and any coupons or special offers that are available
You can go to ShareASale here to sign up for free.
ShareASale For Merchants
Merchants can also make money using ShareASale by selling more products through Marketing Affiliates. Advertising is expensive, and you might be wasting your money and time if you can’t get your product in front of people that are actually looking for your type of product.
Using a Marketing Affiliate allows them to write articles that will reach the very people that are actually looking for what you have to offer, making it easy to gain more sales.
Working with a company like ShareASale will take some of the responsibilities away from you, and help you be in front of more Marketing Affiliates you might not have found you on a smaller platform.
Benefits Using ShareASale For Merchants
- Help you establish, build and grow your Affiliate Program.
- Seasonal and Promotional Ad Banners
- Developing Affiliate Tools
- Welcome Kit – to help you get rolling with an Affiliate Program.
- Program Diagnostics – complimentary report that helps you identify areas that might need some attention.
- Training Webinars – monthly merchant training.
- Best Practices – includes PDF’s for quick tips on commonly asked questions.
Costs For Merchants To Use ShareASale
- Network Access Fee – A one-time fee of $550 that occurring after all the setup steps have been completed, but prior to activation on the network.
- Minimum Deposit Amount – $100 that is used to pay Affiliates and ShareASales for sales.
- Transaction Fees – 20%. Fees are based on your payment rate.
- Monthly Minimum – $35. In a given month, if your account doesn’t generate a minimum of $35 in fees to ShareASale, your account will be charged the difference. There is a 30-day grace period after activation.
- Check Processing and Paying Of Affiliates – included
- Affiliate Help Desk – included
- Datafeed Upload – included, but restricted up to 15,000 SKU records.
Merchants can sign up with ShareASale here.
If you are new to Affiliate Marketing and doing some research on how all this works, it is best to have a website that is up and running before you start applying for Affiliate Programs. Most programs will require that you have an established website before they will approve your application with their program.
Some Affiliate Programs will also require that you have a certain amount of sales within a certain time period to keep you in their program, so you will want to have your website at a point where it at least has some traffic.
If you are just starting out, and have questions about starting a website or how to use Affiliate Marketing successfully, you might want to check out my review of Wealthy Affiliate. It is a program that you can join for free with training on how to get a website up and running. It is a program all beginners can benefit from, but also established bloggers would find helpful information within the community.
As a Marketing Affiliate, it is important to get yourself aligned with merchants that are stable and providing a good product for the consumer. It is your reputation that is on the line. You are trying to get a following of readers that will return to your site often and recommend your site as the expert site in your niche. That means you need to provide your readers with great merchants.
You should be able to see how to make money from ShareASale would be a good business decision for finding the merchants worth working with. They already make sure they are financially sound prior to you getting connected with them.
If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below.
Some of the links within this post are affiliate links of which I might receive a small compensation from sales of certain items.