Finding just the right keywords is key to the success of your website for your potential earnings and the ranking of your articles in Google, Yahoo and Bing. If you don’t have the right keywords, your articles might never be found in searches, leaving you with no traffic, readers or earnings.
I am going to show you why keywords are so important, what you need to have with your keyword research tool, why it is important to have a competitive keyword research tool as well, and where you can find a free keyword search tool that provides you with everything that you need to be competitive with you keywords.
The Importance Of Keywords
Finding the best keywords for your niche is going to determine how the search engines are going to rank your articles. The search engines use the keywords that you provide to decide what your article is about, they will compare it to other articles using the same keywords and then decide if your article does a better job of providing information related to your keywords than the other articles that are already published.
If you have done a better job with your article than others you are competing with, your article will get ranked higher. The goal with anyone with a website is for your articles to get ranked on the first page of search engines. Over 95% of all searches never look beyond the first page of results that they see. If you are ranked on page 2 or page 3, it would seem that you have done a fairly good job, but it is highly unlikely that many will ever see your articles.
For you to be successful with your website, you can’t rely on luck. You need to actually analyze what will give you the best chance of success. That is why you need a quality keyword research tool that can provide you with information to help you determine the best keyword phrases to use for success.
What You Need From A Keyword Research Tool
There are several things that you should expect from your keyword research tool. Some I would just consider mandatory for finding the best keywords, and some I would consider nice adders.
Mandatory With Keyword Research Tool
- Average Number Of Searches Per Month – This will help you see if the phrase you plan on using is something that people are actually searching for. You want it to have traffic, but generally the more traffic the more competition you will have and more effort required for high organic rankings. Usually more general terms will have higher traffic, and the more specific you get, the traffic will decrease. Long tail keywords will have lower search volume, but often convert better for sales. The searches are more specific, meaning they are closer to making a purchase.
- Number Of Visits Per Month – This would be the amount of traffic your site would receive if your page achieves first page rankings. It will give you an idea if it is worth it or not using your keywords. You might not want to write an article that could only bring in 3 visits per month.
- The Number Of Competing Websites – This will tell you how many other websites are ranked for that exact keyword. You will know if the competition is steep, which would mean it is harder to rank for those keywords.
- SEO Score – This is a score that is based on traffic and competition. The higher the score, the more likely you will rank on the first page.
- Search Analysis – This will show who is ranked in the top 10 for those keywords. It will give you details of word count, number of links on site, number of back links on site and the meta description. This will allow you to research your competition quickly, so you are prepared to offer more than what they are offering.
- Other Recommendations – You might decide that the keywords you are searching aren’t providing you with the results you are looking for, but you are unsure how to change it up to get better results. Your keyword research tool should be able to provide you with variations of what you are researching. This could be a great place to find a gem that you never thought of before.
Additional Features That Help
- Search History – This can keep a complete history of the different keywords that you have searched. Can save you time on ideas you decided you weren’t ready to do right now, but might have interest later.
- Alphabet Soup – This is a tool that helps you come up with ideas for longer or different keyword phrases. You put in the basic phrase, and alphabet soup goes from A to Z with ideas of what you could add to the phrase to have better search results.
- Saved Lists – When you are searching, you might find several different keywords that you would like to target at a later date. Instead of having to keep a paper list lying around, a feature that lets you save lists for later use can be beneficial.
Why You Need To Know What Your Competition Is
You need to have a competitive keyword research tool so you have a good understanding of what your target market is searching for. What you want to rank for, might not be what your audience actually wants. You need to focus on your audience and what they are looking for.
It is a must that your keyword research tool show you information in regard to how many people are searching your keywords so you know if you can receive traffic with your keywords and you need to know how much competition that you will have with those keywords. If I am going to have to compete with 225 other articles with the same keywords, I might want to change my keywords just slightly to have to only compete with 100 or fewer websites.
Your chances of succeeding with your first page rankings are much greater with less competition.
Free Keyword Search Tool Recommendation
If you don’t have a keyword search tool that you are using that shows you what your competition is, how many people are searching for that keyword or how much traffic you can receive using your keywords, you need to invest in one right away. Otherwise, you are just shooting in the dark with no clear target for success.
I have been using the Jaaxy Keyword Search Tool since the start of my first website. I started out with Jaaxy, since it offers everything that I listed above that you need in a research tool to help you have more success and rank within the search engines. I was able to join for free, and get 30 searches without paying anything. That way I was able to test it out, to make sure it could provide me with what I needed to help me get my articles ranked.
Jaaxy provided me with everything that I needed and even more than what I thought I would need. Check it out below. You can start searching your first keywords right now from the link below for free.
Jaaxy was created by Kyle and Carson, who were already successful marketing affiliates and still are today. They are also the creators of Wealthy Affiliate University, which is a platform for training Marketing Affiliates to be successful. They know what you need to be successful, since this is something they have been doing for over 15 years. Check out what the Wealthy Affiliate Program is to learn more about Wealthy Affiliate and Kyle and Carson.
What you get with Jaaxy
- Average number of searches the keyword receives per month.
- Traffic – visits to your website if you achieve first page ranking in the search engines.
- Competition – number of competing websites ranked in Google for that exact keyword.
- Keyword Quality Indicator – lets you know if your keyword choice is great, OK, or poor.
- SEO Score – based on traffic and competition from 1 to 100. The higher the number, the more likely of being ranked on the first page of search engines.
- Related Keywords – helps you come up with other ideas that might work better.
- Lets you check your site rank. You can search your website to see if you are ranked on the first page of Google, Yahoo or Bing.
- Search History – Keeps all of the phrases that you have searched to make finding older information easier.
- Alphabet Soup – Stuck finding the right keywords? Use the alphabet soup to help you come up with ideas on what to use for your keywords. Gives you ideas for A to Z.
- Saved Lists – You can save searches for a later date, and quickly come back to them later when you are ready to write about that keyword.
- Search Analysis – Will show you who is ranked in the top 10 for these keywords. Gives detail of word count, links on site, back links and more for the competing articles. Also, lets you go directly to the competing websites to help you make sure you are more thorough with your article.
- Tracked rankings – allows you to automatically track you rankings with Google, Bing and Yahoo. You can choose to have them tracked daily, twice a week, weekly, twice per month or monthly. Saves you time and allows you to see how your website is doing. It will also let you know if you are trending upwards or downwards.
I feel that Jaaxy is the best keyword research tool for SEO. Give it a try, it might make the difference of ranking or not ranking.
Using the right keywords is one of the most important components to having a website that ranks on the first page of search engines allowing you to be financially successful with your website. Whichever research tool you are using, make sure that it covers all the areas that I mentioned above, especially having a competitive keyword research tool.
Finding the right keywords can be a struggle for many, but if you keep experimenting with it and use a research tool that is easy to use and provides you with as much information as possible, it will make it easier and take less time on the research. Jaaxy’s free keyword search tool is one that you should check out. All you need to provide is an email address and you can get started with your free 30 keyword searches.
Please leave any questions or comments below, and I will get back to you. You can follow momsmakingmoneyathome.com on Pinterest, FaceBook, Linkedin or Twitter for all the latest updates. Please use the share icons to share this articles with others if you found this information of value. Thanks for reading.
Some of the links within this post are affiliate links of which I might receive a small compensation from sales of certain items.